Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The hunt goes on...

Not much to report right now. There are lots of jobs, I've been applying, but so far nothing beyond that. I heard back about a job at the local high school (didn't make the cut for an interview, but I heard through the grapevine that there were a couple of more established candidates ahead of me, so no surprise), and from a neighboring district turning me down for two jobs that I didn't think I'd get anyway. Otherwise, so far, nothing. The good news is that there are two math jobs at one of the local middle schools I've subbed at a lot, so I'm cautiously hopeful there. But for now, it's a case of check the websites, apply if something turns up, and wait for an interview. I have to keep reminding myself that it's early still, but it's frustrating.

I especially want to get a job, if I'm going to get one, early on, so that I can have a long talk with my principal about what I've done in the past, and what I need to do now to be a successful teacher, and get things up and running and ready well before school starts. People I've worked with and who have observed me say I'm a good teacher, and just need a few adjustments to be a success. So I hope I can finally get the chance to prove it to everyone, myself included.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger