Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Update (it doesn't look good, and yet...)

Wow, has it really been nearly two months since I last posted? Well, it has been summer, and a pretty quiet summer at that. It's been a frustratingly quiet summer, actually, as there's been no progress on the job hunt at all. None whatsoever. Oh, sure, I've been applying all over the place, particularly in the last few weeks now that districts have a better idea of what they need. But I have not had one interview yet. None at all. I'm still cautiously optimistic that something could still happen, as some districts around here don't start for another two weeks, and new jobs are still being listed. Some jobs I applied for back in June are still listed as unfilled, however, so I don't know what's going on. And school already started yesterday in one local district, so the clock is ticking. I wish I knew what was going on, but even my local support network seems to be disappearing.

Well, I guess I just needed to vent a bit, and at least let you all know that I'm alive and still kicking. But if something doesn't happen soon, I may need to (again) seriously consider a career change. And that will not be easy out here in farm country.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger