Friday, November 30, 2007

The first step

I quit my tutoring job last night.

I took the job back in 2001 to supplement my meager subbing income, and to get some additional experience. But lately, especially once I figured out that I wasn't going to be a teacher for much longer, it had become jost another source of stress. So instead, I'll be working at a local math toys-and-games store for the holidays (they're moving to a new location, so can use some help moving things in the evenings), which should be good experience I can use to move into another career I'd be interested in. As a nice bonus, I'll be working over the winter break, which usually results in a major budget crunch in February. But it's only a short-term solution, and I hope I can find something with a real salary and benefits and room for advancement early in the new year.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger