Thursday, June 09, 2005

Things are pretty quite around here...

I'm actually blogging from work, for the first time ever (and not something that is likely to happen again, for that matter). I'm at one of the local high schools subbing for a teacher of television production and multimedia. Since most of his students are seniors, and the seniors have all graduated now, it's been pretty quiet around here. But I guess I'd better get used to it, as there's still a potential eight days to go after today (and a handful of jobs already lined up on those days), so it might happen again if I get other high school jobs. Fortunately, I'm ot without a book or two, and it also gives me a chance to catch up on some sleep...

With summer coming, I need to clear the decks so I can at least spend the first few days concentrating on getting job applications filled out and sent in. I realize I may have already missed the biggest window of opportunity, but I have to be optimistic and tell myself that I will get a job for the fall. Because otherwise I will end up dwelling on the possibility of having to sub and tutor for more 13-15 hours days for the entire year next year, and I'm not sure I could take that. I'm always tired -- except when I'm actually in bed, of course -- my back is sore, I can feel myself getting out of shape, my diet isn't as healthy as it needs to be, and I'm having trouble keeping my cool around family and friends. In short, I'm a wreck, and if nothing else, summer will give me the chance to decompress a little bit. Further complicating matters is that we're drowning in debt with no immediate prospects of getting out, so even working long days at two jobs is only barely keeping our heads above water.

Okay, okay, Eric, start thinking happy thoughts... Hmm... Well, my wife is very close to achieving her goal for the 3-Day walk. I'm extremely proud of her for undertaking this. It's a three day, sixty mile walk to raise money for cancer, and I did it a few years ago myself. But I've always been a strong walker, and it wasn't too tough for me. Laura, however, has had a harder time of it in her training, but it looks like she's going to be fine in the end. So, if you can, I'm sure she'd appreciate those last few dollars. Even if you can only give five bucks, that will go a long way. To give, you can go to her donation page here. And maybe one year in the near future, we'll be able to do this walk together.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger