Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Am Not a Teacher

Well, not yet, at any rate. So far, the job hunt has been going agonizingly slow. A few possibilities have cropped up, or are coming down the road (it helps having a contact in the local education community who can give me a long-term picture), but in the meantime I'm doing nothing! Not only is it frustrating to be a teacher who's not teaching, I'm going to have trouble paying bills here very soon. I've put in to substitute (ugh!) in a couple of local districts, but the pace of the paperwork seems to be glacial, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm looking at other jobs, too, if only to find a survival job, but I just don't have the skills or experience for anything else right now. So about all I can do right now is sit here in front of my computer and keep looking at job boards and make the occasional "Can I sub in your district yet?" call. Yuck.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger