Friday, August 27, 2010

Things are looking up!

Well well well, this has gotten even more interesting. The principal at the high school that may need a math teacher soon contacted me, and wants to get in touch. We weren't able to connect today, but he wanted to know if I was a district substitute. "Not yet," is my answer, but I have gotten that ball rolling. The person in charge of subs is supposed to be looking for my application and letting me know what I still need. I'm pretty sure, however, that I'm going to need to get fingerprinted again before I can get going there. The principal wanted to know if I could sub a couple of days next week, but that's not looking likely. Still, stranger things have happened. At any rate, it looks like my next step is to get back subbing. No, I don't want to, but I was thinking about doing it anyway as a way to bring in some money while I figure out what else I can do. But now it looks like it could, instead, lead to a new job. (I hadn't originally planned to sub in this particular district, as it's a little further out than some others. But it's manageable, even if it doesn't quite work out in the end.)

I don't expect a lot to happen over the weekend, but one never knows...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger