Saturday, August 16, 2008

Son of a fuzzy elephant!

The new job starts in two days, and I have to start it without a house. Our attempt to buy a house has run afoul of a bunch of red tape and waiting-around-for-paperwork, so I'm going to be living out of a motel for at least a couple of days. We've had to postpone the move twice already, and our current one is the day before the first student day. So I will have to come back over the weekend, help get things ready to move, then book it back to the new place—if we have a house to move into by then. Needless to say, I am not confident about how prepared I will be for my classes. Meanwhile, the guy who put in an offer to buy our current house kept delaying and delaying, finally did an inspection, found a whole bunch of problems that we already knew about and had fully disclosed, and counter-counter-counteroffered with an insultingly low price that probably wasn't even as much as the land is worth. Needless to say, he turned down our final offer, we're walking away, and we're back at square one. Now we have to decide if we want to rent this place out, put it back on the market after we're fully out of here, or sell to a flipper or developer. I'm nervous enough about moving and starting a new job, and now I have to make these types of decisions?

No comments: