Thursday, August 23, 2007

This isn't looking good...

It's been nearly a week, and I haven't heard back from either of last Friday's interviews. One of my references, who I'm sure they would have called if they were interested, told me she hasn't gotten any calls.

In the meantime, on Monday this week, one of my tutoring colleagues, who went back to South Carolina earlier this summer looking for a job, got a desperate call from a school wanting him to come out, as classes had already started. He wrapped things up that night and took off the next morning. And today, two more of my tutoring colleagues had interviews, then found out by the end of the evening that they'd gotten their jobs.

I'm really happy for them. No, really, I am. But man, I'm also exceedingly jealous.

There's one more week before school starts. Maybe some other district will get incredibly desperate and actually want me to teach for them.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger