Sunday, June 10, 2007

A week's worth of work

I've had an interesting job this past week: Elementary school librarian. Since the end of the school year is coming up, it's been interesting because nobody's allowed to check out books (although renewals are fine), and all of the books need to be back soon. So I've been getting a lot of books and, thanks to some wonderful student and parent volunteers, shelving very few of them (although I do my part). And I've shown the DVD of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi about twenty times, so I am really tired of it. The soundtrack is still going through my head! I'm there one more day tomorrow, and then there's only nine days left in the school year.

The best part of teaching elementary this week, however, has been the late start. I thought about sleeping in, but decided to use the time instead to work on job applications at last. And do you know how many applications I was able to fill in, at the rate of an hour a day? One! Oy, there has got to be a better system! Fortunately, I already have two more days of elementary school (PE this time) coming up later this week, so at least I should be able to get a good start on my next application going this week.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger