Sunday, February 13, 2005

This week's adventures in teaching

Well, a new week, a new set of challenges. Nothing much to say again, I'm just still tired from fighting off this cold. It's been a very low grade one that hasn't really done much, but it has been persistent. I was hoping to get a lot of rest this weekend, but no, there's too much other stuff to do...

So, Monday, I assisted in an elementary PE class with three teachers, and two teachers teaching at a time (and two classes coming in at a time). I say "assisted" because when I was there, the other teacher would take the lead, and all I had to do was assist. Not bad -- which I really needed, because when I wasn't out in the gym, I was in the office snoozing! (The cold and going to the Emerald City ComicCon the day before really did me in.) So I took Tuesday off to rest, even though we can't really afford it. The rest helped, but not as much as I would have hoped. Wednesday, I was out at one junior high I really like, where I thought I was going to teach math. But it was set up so that various teachers could go to meetings all day, and I actually ended up with language arts and social studies for the first two classes, and math the rest of the day -- and no prep period, which didn't help my exhaustion (but at least I get paid extra for the extra time I put in). Thursday I taught in an alternate program at one of the high schools. This was the first time I saw an English class reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Of course, this being an English class, many of the students thought it was boring. Friday, I was back teaching elemetnary PE at another school, but this time I was on my own. The older students were doing some physical fitness testing, which worked well with this bunch, as they were familiar with everything.

Okay, that's about it. Anything you want to know? Anyone want to hear about how things are going at Sylvan as well? Anyone reading this? Anyone? Hello? Use the comments to tell me what you want to hear!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger