Friday, September 12, 2003

Day 9, and no end in sight...

Marysville has cancelled school for ALL of next week. Yeah, that shows a lot of confidence in the "negotiation" process...

Everyone was back on the line today, so it didn't feel like a ghost town after 11:00 like it did on Wednesday, when there were only sixteen of us.

Good news for the union (but not first year teachers like me): An arbitrator ruled in their favor over a little tiff last year, so they will get paid for the day the teachers went to a big rally in Olympia. (If you want the details, ask me in the comments section, and I'll devote an entry to it this weekend.) This probably bodes well if this strike goes to court or arbitration, but I'd rather be in the classroom.

And on a lighter note, the Spanish teacher and I are half-jokingly thinking about an all-staff production of You're A Good Man Charlie Brown. Our picket captain (who's also my roommate) has already agreed she'd make a great Lucy, and if I dye my hair blond I could probably be Schroeder...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger