Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update

Now that I'm on spring vacation, I can take a moment to breathe, relax, and get all of my loyal readers up to date. And my, there is a big update. By mutual agreement, my principal and I have decided that I will not be returning to my current position in the fall. To be honest, it has not been a terribly good fit from the start, and as my principal put it, I was not happy coming to work. It was just a job. At first, I was really bummed out, but now that I've had a chance to mull it over and talk to some people, I'm feeling a lot better, and I'm confident that I can get something new for the fall. I've already gotten a few leads on local districts that will likely need a new math teacher in the fall, and that would be a better fit for my teaching style and needs.

I'll have a few more things to say about the whys of this later, and you all get the experience of reading about my hunt for a new job again! So perhaps, at least as far as this blog is concerned, this is a good thing, as I'll have more to say here.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger