Sunday, March 16, 2008

Steps foreward, steps back...

The good news is that Thursday's interview went well. It was with the president of the local science museum and a member of his staff, and I learned a lot about the place and what they do that I didn't already know. The bad news is that it wasn't really a job interview, but a networking session. Okay, yeah, fine, and they were able to give me some good advice and encouragement, but I'm not really sure that's what I need right now. I need either a job that will help fill my time and pay my bills (substituting only does the former to an extent, and the latter not really much at all), or a guarantee of a teaching job for the fall. Since most places around here don't even seem to interview until August, that's a problem.

The irony is, I'm back to wanting to be a teacher again. In the last month, I've had a three week paternity leave job and a couple of long-ish math jobs for sick teachers, and I've come to appreciate it again. I also talked to a principal to get some advice, and while he helped out, I'm not sure if it's enough to get a local job. I am so confused and conflicted as to what to do that I don't even know where to start, and paralyzed with indecision. What do I need most? A job with decent pay and benefits? A satisfying long-term job? Or a teaching job? And can I combine any of those?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger