Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy (?) blogiversary

Four years ago today, I very optimistically started this blog, newly hired for my first full-time teaching job, to record my experiences, the highs and lows, and all that. If I'd known there would be a record-shattering teachers strike, a long time with no certificate, and no new job after that one, I sure as @#$% wouldn't have been so chipper and optimistic about the whole thing! >SIGH<

So, what's the latest? It's been a more frustating than usual summer. I got a late start on getting applications in, so I haven't had any interviews at all yet. There are a few math jobs out there, but frankly, it's not looking good. Still, there are a few more weeks before school starts, and some districts are still dealing with transfers. Sadly, some are also still negotiating with their teachers' unions. Did nobody learn anything from that strike we went through?

So, it looks like I'll be looking for another job in a few weeks. Oh, I'll start my usual subbing-and-tutoring grind, but I plan to get off that treadmill as soon as I can. Why do the governor and the superintendent of public instruction bemoan the lack of good math teachers in this state when some of us can't even get a job?

Okay, rant over. If there are any developments, I'll post them here, but if nothing ever happens here again, I'm sure you'll understand.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger