Monday, May 28, 2007

One giant step...

Thank goodness for long weekends, especially when there's no tutoring on Monday. (I do not know why we get Memorial Day off, but not any other holidays during the school year. Good grief, this year we even had to work on Halloween! Can you imagine how many kids actually showed up?) Not only did I clean out the gutters today, I also went through my huge pile of teacher stuff and got it all sorted and organized. The good news is that I now have quite a few current letters of recommendation (and even a few older ones), with more coming. I also found, to my surprise, a mostly positive evaluation from my last contracted job (the one where the year started off with a seven week teacher strike and never really got any better from there), and a few other items that should help in the job hunt. Tomorrow, I'm teaching junior high math at the school up the road, and the video production teacher is going to have a team recording me teach, so that ought to be a good addition to my application portfolio. So very soon here I should be able to finally get going on applying for jobs! Let's hope it works...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger