Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Quick Update

Nope, no word yet on the job. I'm not terribly hopeful at this point, but I'm going to give them another day or two before totoally writing it off. In the meantime, however, the phone has started to ring off the hook (metaphorically speaking, since it's a cell phone) with jobs for the coming days. One very interesting job I've accepted for tomorrow is teaching high school American Sign Language. That is a first for me, and that's saying something, as there are very few things I haven't ever taught before. I also have several junior high math jobs, and PE at the junior high just up the street, so I'm hoping for good weather that day.

True confession time: Friday, I'm hoping for a job at an elementary school that starts later in the morning, as that's the day tickets go on sale for the local run of Wicked, and I want to get the best seats I can. The sale starts at 7:00 a.m., so if I can get a job that starts at 8:00 or 8:30, I should be good. Otherwise, I may end up taking the morning off...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger