Monday, March 13, 2006

Playing catch-up

Well, I have a few minutes this morning, I can pop in and let you know what's been going on. But I'm probably going to be pretty quiet over the next few weeks, as my top priority right now is filling in applications and otherwise hunting for a job for next year.

So this past week, I actually spent the whole time teaching math. Okay, one day was only a half day where it turned out I was only needed to teach just one class, but that gave me some badly needed downtime that morning. The last three days of the week, I filled in for the basketball coach while their team was at the state tournament. Although heavily favored, they lost the first game, and eventually came in eighth, but it was still exciting to work where the students were up for the team. Needless to say, they didn't have a lot to do, partly because the coach had other things on his mind and probalby didn't want to bog himself down with a lot of work this week, and partly because he didn't know what kind of teacher he was getting, and wanted to make the work pretty simple for someone without a math background. Still, I was able to help out a few students here and there, but these are some of the more advanced students, so it wasn't terribly hard for me at all.

This week is the WASL, the big comprehensive statewide test. And for the first time, the sophomores have to pass it to graduate, so some extra pressure there. I suspect that will mean a slight reduction in work for me, but so far that's not the case, as I have a junior high tech ed (shop and/or computers) job today, and the week is still young...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger