Saturday, September 10, 2005

My (short) week of teaching

As reluctantly expected, not much teaching this week. I already mentioned my half day of elementary PE the other day, and that went well. Yesterday (Friday), I managed to snag a junior high Spanish class. It was at a school w-a-a-a-a-y out of the way, which I would normally avoid just because of the distance. I'm trying to stay closer to home this year so I can save on gas! However, at this time of year, beggars can't be choosers, and it's a good school I've always enjoyed teaching at anyway. It went well, and a few students remembered me from last year. One student said I was his favorite sub because I was so high energy. I'll take that as a compliment. Later last night, I got a nice surprise. Last week I sent out some business cards and a note saying I was available to the math departments at several local schools, saying that I was experienced and available. Well, the department head at one of the junior highs had e-mailed, and asked if I'd like to be one of their regular subs this year. YEAH! I responded, although I hope not quite that enthusiastically.

And now, for a bit of fun: David Letterman's Top Ten Things You Don't Want to Hear from Your New Teacher, straight from the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska.

And good news for math heads like Laura and me: The new season of Numb3rs starts on September 23. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger