Saturday, October 18, 2003

Day 47

Nope, no word yet, but I gather that the district is still trying their usual dig-your-heels-in-and-stall technique.

This whole mess has gotten Laura and me interested in what our own local school board is up to, so we will very likely attend the next board meeting. (Good point on their side: They actually meet!) We don't want to see our property taxes go towards the same sorts of shenanigans that are going on in Marysville. We're also thinking about making some proposals to our state legislators, although I have the suspicion that we will be far from the only ones.

Taught at Sylvan again this morning. Then went down to my in-laws to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday ("Hi, Lisa!") but fell asleep on the waterbed as soon as I walked in the door. I am having this tendancy to a good stiff nap on Saturday afternoons.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger