Thursday, September 11, 2003

Days 7 and 8 of the strike

Not a lot going on again yesterday. I couldn't walk as much because the calluses on my blistered toe fell off, and now it's very tender. For the sake of my poor toe alone, I hope this ends soon. And it seems that, at yesterday's first negotiation meeting since the strike began, the district at least backed off from going to the state schedule. Well, it's a start. Today, in honor of the second anniversary of the 9/11 hijackings, we're not striking, but will be doing service projects instead. I'm going to wimp out, however, and let my toe heal instead. Besides, I'm teaching SAT Math at Sylvan for the first time tonight, so I need to spend some time with the teacher's manual so I know what I'm doing there. Tomorrow, no split shift, we're all walking from 8 to 1.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger