Sunday, August 17, 2003

Some math links

I can't think of anything to write today, so I thought I'd go trolling around online to see if I could find some useful links. And here are a few good ones I found:

Math Forum: A good general math site, with areas for students, teachers, and even their own question-and-answer column, Ask Dr. Math. Not quite as excitiing as Dear Abby, but he does have good answers.

EdHelper.com has ready-made lessons and worksheets for all levels of math (as well as other subjects), so I suspect I'll be visiting them often.

The appropriately named math.com has all kinds of goodies, so I hope I get a chance to explore that site more.

How come I've never heard of the American Mathematical Society before? This looks like another interesting one to look into as well.

Math Archives looks like it may be aimed more at college students, but I'll check them out later as well.

Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies looks interesting, and about right for the level I'll be teaching. I'm especially interested in looking at the interactive math lessons.

Math World looks ike it will be a good resource, especially since it's one of the few online resources I've ever seen with current math news.

And finally (for now), a site on a topic near and dear to my heart, the history of mathematics. I should probably explain why it's so near and dear to my heart some time. Well, that will be another entry.

I hope my technical guru will put these links up on the sidebar soon, and I also hope to find more interesting links as well. Until then, do any of you out there have a good math site you'd like to recommend? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger