Monday, August 25, 2003

It's all starting to get official

Today was, I guess, my first truly official day on the job, as I had the orientation for new-to-the-district teachers. This included meeting the superintendent and board members, finding out about security, HIV/how to handle bleeding, harassment, and other fun topics like that. The big one, however, was benefits. After not having them for so long, I'm quite glad to have all this paperwork to fill out tonight. Laura and I had a tough time figuring out which medical plan to go with (I think we had seven to choose from), but we found one that will probably work out best for our current needs. I also got trained on the district's computer and e-mail system in a very warm and stuffy little elementary computer lab. Oh, yeah, and I got my first call from my picket captain tonight about possible actions leading up to a possible strike. I hope everyone can come to an agreement soon. A mediator steps in tomorrow, so maybe we won't have to worry about it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger